Natural Fancy Blue Diamonds
- The principal mine producing Blue Diamonds, the Premier Mine (formerly known as the Cullinan Mine), is past its peak production capacity. This has caused a significant decrease in the supply of Blue Diamonds and a corresponding rise in demand.
- Fancy Vivid Blue, Fancy Intense Blue, and Fancy Deep Blue Diamonds are so rare they can command seven figures per carat at auction.
- On November 11, 2015, at Sotheby’s Magnificent Jewels Sale in Geneva, a 12.03-carat Fancy Vivid Blue Diamond fetched for $48.5 million, a new world record price for any diamond, gem or jewel at auction. The Blue Moon Diamond, which was renamed The Blue Moon of Josephine by its new owner, also set a diamond per-carat price record of over $4 million per carat.
- The largest Fancy Vivid Blue diamond ever offered at auction set a world record at Christie's Geneva on May 18, 2016. After a 25-minute bidding war by phone, the 14.62-carat Oppenheimer Blue Diamond became the world's most expensive jewel ever sold at auction, fetching $57.5 million.
- The 45.52-carat Hope Diamond, the most famous Blue Diamond in the world, is displayed in the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C.
Five years in the making, the exquisite one-of-a-kind necklace features eight pairs of incredibly rare Round Brilliant Fancy Gray-Blue and Fancy Grayish Blue Diamonds nestled in carved Mother of Pearl and Pink Diamond petals. The 7.03-carat Pear-Shaped Fancy Grayish Blue Diamond blossom can be removed and worn as a pendant or brooch. Matching earrings feature 2.05 carats of Fancy Gray-Blue and Grayish Blue Diamonds. Whether you are embarking on or adding to a long-term investment in Fancy Color Diamonds, this suite of perfectly matched Blue Diamonds is a connoisseur’s collection unto itself. IF and VS1Clarity. GIA Certified.