Natural Fancy Blue Diamonds
- The principal mine producing Blue Diamonds, the Premier Mine (formerly known as the Cullinan Mine), is past its peak production capacity. This has caused a significant decrease in the supply of Blue Diamonds and a corresponding rise in demand.
- Fancy Vivid Blue, Fancy Intense Blue, and Fancy Deep Blue Diamonds are so rare they can command seven figures per carat at auction.
- On November 11, 2015, at Sotheby’s Magnificent Jewels Sale in Geneva, a 12.03-carat Fancy Vivid Blue Diamond fetched for $48.5 million, a new world record price for any diamond, gem or jewel at auction. The Blue Moon Diamond, which was renamed The Blue Moon of Josephine by its new owner, also set a diamond per-carat price record of over $4 million per carat.
- The largest Fancy Vivid Blue diamond ever offered at auction set a world record at Christie's Geneva on May 18, 2016. After a 25-minute bidding war by phone, the 14.62-carat Oppenheimer Blue Diamond became the world's most expensive jewel ever sold at auction, fetching $57.5 million.
- The 45.52-carat Hope Diamond, the most famous Blue Diamond in the world, is displayed in the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C.
Natural blue diamonds are commanding record prices at international auctions. This rare Fancy Gray-Blue diamond, weighing nearly 4 carats, is flanked by Pear-shaped yellow diamonds to bring out its powerful blue color. Whether you’re collecting your first blue diamond, or diversifying an investment portfolio, the Fancy Gray-Blue is a breathtaking heirloom in the making. GIA certified, VS1. Ethically sourced. Price on request.