Natural Fancy Pink Diamonds
- The Gemological Institute of America (GIA) grades the most valuable Natural Fancy Pink Diamonds from Fancy Intense to Fancy Deep to Fancy Vivid to Fancy Red, red being the rarest of the rare.
- Investment-quality Natural Fancy Pink Diamonds are extraordinarily rare. Heavily saturated pure Pinks and Purplish Pinks are considered true connoisseurs’ and collectors’ diamonds, with prices that reflect their rarity and desirability.
- Fancy Red Diamonds are at the highest end of the pink spectrum and the valuation scale. They are not described as Vivid or as Intense, but simply as “Fancy Red.”
- On November 10, 2015, a 16.08-carat Fancy Vivid Pink Diamond fetched $28.5 million at Christie’s Magnificent Jewels Sale in Geneva. It is a new world record price for any Fancy Vivid Pink Diamond. First known simply as The Pink, the diamond was renamed “The Sweet Josephine” by its new owner.
- One of the largest known Red Diamonds in the world is the Moussaieff Red (formerly known as the Red Shield Diamond). It is 5.11 carats with a triangular brilliant cut (sometimes called a trillion cut), rated incolor as Fancy Red.
Pink Perfection. This breathtaking 4.50-carat Fancy Purplish Pink Diamond is GIA-rated Internally Flawless. Its “sweet” Baby Pink color adds to its rarity…and the Round Brilliant cut is extremely difficult to find in Fancy Color stones. Set in an exquisite ring with two Fancy Blue side stones (.35 carats), the stunning Purplish Pink offers rare color, shape and perfect clarity. It is, quite simply, unlike any investment diamond on the market today. GIA Certified.